Join the team!
Part-time Cinema Cashier
We're looking for an enthusiastic person to join the team as a part time cinema cashier.
- Tearing tickets and directing customers to halls
- Serving behind the sweetie counter
- Serving in the box office
- Taking telephone calls
- Patrolling cinema halls
- Cleaning halls between performances
- Part time position, 8-20 hours per week.
- Minimum age of 16 required.
- Full training given
Would you be interested in joining the senior staff team in a busy, independent cinema? Do you enjoy working with the public in a job which gives you daily challenges, and the opportunity to learn new skills in the entertainment industry? Do you have a passion for films? If so, read on...
As one of the supervisors within the cinema, you would be responsible for a very wide range of tasks, all relating to the efficient and safe operation of this busy four screen cinema. Tasks include (but not limited to);
- Opening up the building.
- Floating up the tills.
- Organising cashier staff.
- Preparing auditoriums and projection rooms.
- Basic DIY work, to keep the building fresh and well maintained.
- Dealing with customer enquiries/complaints.
- Staff training.
- Basic marketing work including use of spreadsheets, drawing packages etc.
- End of day cashing up.
- Closing building down at end of day & locking up.
- Full time, permanent position, average of 30 hours per week.
- Minimum age of 21 required.
- Outgoing personality with good communication skills.
- Experience of customer care/service or working with the public preferred, but not essential.
- Basic level of computer knowledge including use of word, excel, powerpoint preferred but not essential.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and be competent at completing tasks alone.
- Full training given on all tasks required to run a cinema on a daily basis, including as a projectionist!
- Ability to work a mix of evenings & daytime shifts including weekends.
Position would suit:
Anyone who has a friendly, outgoing personality, who has a love of movies, works well alone, but is also a team player, willing to learn new skills, and enjoys working with the public. If you haven’t worked with the public before, you must be enthusiastic about doing so.
Click here to download our application form.
or call in to the cinema any day after 1pm to pick up an application form.