The Pavilion is a family operated independent 4 screen cinema serving the population of Galashiels and the wider Scottish Borders community. We strive to provide all our customers with a first class cinemagoing experience.
We’re easy to find! Here’s all the infomation you need:
The Pavilion’s address is: Pavilion Cinema, Market Street, Galashiels, TD1 3AF.
We’re 2 minutes away from the Galashiels Transport Interchange which has Bus and Train connections.
There is a taxi rank opposite the cinema on Channel Street.
- Both Tesco and ASDA allow shoppers to park in their car parks for a maximum stay of 3 hours, plenty of time for a movie, although do check the running time first!
- Tesco is located immediately behind the cinema and is a 2 min walk.
- Tesco now has a barrier which they close at 10pm on Thursdays to Sundays preventing access to their under-store car park. If you are attending a film on these days please do NOT park in the under-store section of Tesco car park if your film will finish after 10pm as you may not be able to have your car released until the next morning.
- There are still spaces in the open section of tesco car park even when the barrier is down. Or… ASDA is just a 5 minute walk away.
- ASDA is located just round the corner from the cinema on Currie Road and is only a 5 minute walk.
- A Pay and Display car park is available opposite the Transport Interchange, which is a 2 min walk. Parking in this car park is free from 5pm onwards and all day on a Sunday.
- There is very limited on street parking available at the front of the cinema, before 5.30pm this is limited to 30mins – so not really any use for watching films. After 5.30pm there are no time restrictions.
- We do not recommend our customers park in Gala Water Retail Park as this car park has a strict maximum stay of 2 hours.
Disability & Access
For full details of our disability access features please see our access page
Film Admission Prices
Prices effective from Friday 2nd September 2022
The majority of prices have not increased since November 2019. Child price has not increased since April 2016. However, due to the difficult financial climate, on Friday 2nd September 2022 we had no choice but to remove the “Midweek saver” prices which previously offered £1 off most tickets.
Applicable to all days
|2D FILMS||3D FILMS*|
age 18 and over
ages 15 to 17 inclusive
ages 3 to 14 inclusive
age 60 and over
/HM Forces/Blue Light
all tickets must be for the same film
Family tickets are for 2 adults + 2 children or 1 adult + 3 children.
Admission prices for Arts Events vary per event. Concession tickets for arts events apply to Children, Students & Senior Citizens
* Prices shown for 3D films INCLUDE a £1 hire fee for 3D glasses. Please note that although MEERKAT MOVIES 2 for 1 tickets are free, the £1 3D glasses hire fee still applies to MEERKAT MOVIE tickets.
Admission policy relating to age specific tickets. Please note that proof of age may be required for entry to 12A, 15 or 18 Films and may be required to prove entitlement to Child or Teen rate.
Student rate requires Student matriculation card or “Rewards For Forces” or MOD90 identity card.
We accept Young Scot Cards, Photocard Driving Licences, Passports, Student matriculation cards and ValidateUK cards as proof of age.
Cinema Opening Times
The cinema opens 20 minutes before the first performance of the day.